Thursday, November 12, 2015

Return of the Mich

I'm back! I know, I can barely believe it either.

A whole lot has changed since my last post almost four (!!!!) years ago, including getting married and moving into a pretty small loft apartment, which is all very exciting!

I am reviving this blog with the intention of getting a lot more crafty and making a lot more things in general. I will probably still post about books and inspiring things I find around the web, but mainly I am going to focus on what I am creating in my craft space.

The most recent projects I have been doing are making little baby quilts for friends. These are super fun, pretty fast, and I really enjoy picking out fabric and making something that my friends (and their little bundles of joy!) will probably have forever!

Here are a couple of my faves
ARquilt1
This doll has a space themed room filled with black and white details. I was obsessed with this constellation fabric when I saw it in the fabric store and am so glad it worked for this quilt!

WHquilt
This is the most recent quilt I made and since the family didn't have a set theme in place, we just went with colors. I was asked to use shades of blue, teal, maybe lime green. I love how this quilt turned out and it looks so good in the little dude's room!

There are a few more photos of quilts on Flickr.

I have a handful of other projects I want to work on and document, such as a robe out of some vintage fabric I have been toting around for about 8 years but am scared to cut up. I also want to try my hand at more regular clothing items, since I subscribed to Seamwork to encourage myself to sew more often. Once in a while I also like to try a random craft idea from Pinterest such as an eye mask for sleeping (not my most successful, but it works) or a padded sunglasses case (as a gift).

So! Please do follow along and I will be sure to try to keep the posts short, sweet, entertaining, and picture heavy. I know how this works (sort of)!




No comments:

Post a Comment